Revision as of 00:04, 15 July 2010 by Zeromus
This page is intended as a place to write ideas for how to improve DeSmuME in general.
It is woefully out of date and out of synch with our actual plans.
(no particular order)
- Make a portable frontend that can work on all platforms we know, and maybe kill specific frontends (gtk / gtk-glade / windows / cocoa)
- (that frontend would use a portable toolkit such as GTK+, wxWidgets, Qt... that needs to be decided)
- (rm: "i would find more valuable the feature to have the gtk frontend working fine on mac os x / windows / you name it instead." from Linux frontends todo)
- (lbalbalba:) My vote goes to GTK. Its already in use, ports of GTK to the supported platforms are available (Windows, Linux, MAC), and it's easier to stick to what you know.
- (Luigi__) One more vote for GTK/GTK+. Universal GTK frontend FTW!
- Clean up MMU, GPU, SPU
- Make DeSmuME faster! (Best way to do it: get a more powerful computer. The famous "ceranyd" would be a bad thing to do at a time where we're focusing on making DeSmuME more accurate. And it's not like DeSmuME is running 2D-only games at 3 fps on a 7-ghz quad core.)
- Make proper debugging tools (didn't I already started this? yeah, but pure Win32 GUI is annoying)
- lbalbalba: repair everything that got broken since the last release (regression testing) :)
- (lbalbalba:) Once you standardized on a common portable frontend, you can port all the Win32 specific debug stuff to that frontend.
- (that's all folks)
- "Th- Th-Th-Th-Th-... That's all, folks."
- Put SNDDX/SNDSDL stuff into the nice platform-driver architecture since the SNDCore thing appears to be no use anymore.
- Microphone stuff could go into the platform-driver thing too...
- Emulate WIFI so it would connect to the computer's internet connection.