This is a concise list of tips to get games running. This includes "known bugs" which users should work around themselves and not expect to be fixed any time soon.
------ Pokemon ------
- There are forums dedicated to pokemon gaming elsewhere on the web. Go there.
- Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
- see #SAVEANDLOAD #1345 (timing bugs accumulate; graphical corruption and freezes)
- see #JIT #1272
------ Other games ------
- No snags, with updated desmume
- No snags, with particular settings
- Text rendering is poor (toggle between opengl and softrasterizer renderers to get through game or use TXT hack in > 0.9.10 versions)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor #1191
- Other rendering is poor (toggle between opengl and softrasterizer renderers to get through game)
- Picross 3D (Lines and puzzle pieces rendering badly, causing frustration) #1301
- #SAVEANDLOAD Runtime snags, save in-game and reload frequently (most likely all timing bugs)
- #TIMING Runtime snags, requires timing tweaks
- Bowser's Inside Story - Very sensitive to timing. Try "Enable Advanced Bus-level Timing". See #1156
- #JIT Runtime snags, JIT-related (change jit/recompiler blocksize or disable jit/recompiler)
- Warioware Touched (nonplayable(?) behavioural bugs) #1178
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (graphical bugs) #1275
- Final Fantasy IV (graphical bugs) #1180
- Star Wars Revenge of The Sith (graphical bugs) #1179
- Nintendogs (graphical bugs) #1371
- Fossil Fighters - Champions (freezing) #1326
- Starfy (graphical bugs) #1369
- #INCONSEQUENTIAL Inconsequential Bugs
- New Touch Party Game (Title screen logo corrupted) #665
------ Homebrew ------
(When using 0.9.10, which is a turd, make sure you use "config > rom loading > load entirely to ram". Otherwise DLDI won't auto-patch and MPCF won't work.)
- No snags
- DSCraft [ http://www.smealum.net/dscraft/ ] - Works fine. Use FAT version and MPCF (it's faster, and advanced users might get files to save, even).
- Herocat versus Univillain [ http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=58249 ] - Works fine via MPCF or GBAGAME; rom must be named uni.nds via MPCF due to hardcode in rom
- R4 Firmware - Set Slot-1 Device R4, and specify the directory with your flash card firmware; Then load the NDS file which corresponds to the ROM contents of your flash card (we don't ship desmume with someone's copyrighted flash card roms)
- MPCF Tip - config > slot 2 > MPCF flash card device. Use path of loaded ROM, usually.