Revision as of 16:04, 8 April 2014 by Zeromus
This is a concise list of tips to get games running. This includes "known bugs" which users should work around themselves and not expect to be fixed any time soon.
------ Pokemon ------
- There are forums dedicated to pokemon gaming elsewhere on the web. Go there.
- Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
------ Other games ------
- No snags, with updated desmume
- WarioWare DIY (requires > 0.9.9 due to NAND card)
- Jam with the Band (requires > 0.9.9 due to NAND card)
- Dementium II (requires > 0.9.9)
- No snags, with particular settings
- Text rendering is poor (toggle between opengl and softrasterizer renderers to get through game or use TXT hack in > 0.9.10 versions)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor #1191
- #SAVEANDLOAD Runtime snags, save in-game and reload frequently (most likely all timing bugs)
- #TIMING Runtime snags, requires timing tweaks
- Bowser's Inside Story - Very sensitive to timing. Try "Enable Advanced Bus-level Timing". See #1156
- #JIT Runtime snags, JIT-related (change jit/recompiler blocksize or disable jit/recompiler)
- Warioware Touched (nonplayable(?) behavioural bugs) #1178
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (graphical bugs) #1275
- Final Fantasy IV (graphical bugs) #1180
- Star Wars Revenge of The Sith (graphical bugs) #1179
- Nintendogs (graphical bugs) #1371
- Fossil Fighters - Champions (freezing) #1326
- Starfy (graphical bugs) #1369
------ Homebrew ------
- No snags
- DSCraft [ http://www.smealum.net/dscraft/ ] - Works fine. Use FAT version and MPCF (it's faster, and advanced users might get files to save, even).
- Herocat versus Univillain [ http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=58249 ] - Works fine via MPCF or GBAGAME; rom must be named uni.nds via MPCF due to hardcode in rom
- R4 Firmware - Set Slot-1 Device R4, and specify the directory with your flash card firmware; Then load the NDS file which corresponds to the ROM contents of your flash card (we don't ship desmume with someone's copyrighted flash card roms)
- MPCF Tip - config > slot 2 > MPCF flash card device. Use path of loaded ROM, usually.