DeSmuME is a freeware emulator for the Nintendo DS, originally created by YopYop156.
Due to change in French laws regarding emulation YopYop has decided to stop development of DeSmuME Nintendo DS emulator but that doesn't mean that DeSmuME is obsolete - programmers in this project have picked up where Yopyop left off. The original website was http://yopyop156.ifrance.com/.
- It’s release under GPL. I have just removed the new 3D engine because it’s too much bugged. Hopefully it will be helpful for some of you.
The latest statement heard from yopyop was :
- DeSmuMe project is over.
- You may don’t know but there are a new law in France that could put me in big trouble.
- With DeSmuMe, I have closed the doors of game company but I can not offer to pay for it.
- The worst thing is that I have found the bad coded instructions.
- For those how have download the sources you have to look in sbc, rsbc instructions the Carry flag updating is wrong.
- Sorry for the home brew programmers.
- For the illegality the demonstration seemed to me convincing thus without proof clarify I prefer to stick to this decision.
- It is also the fact that few people seem interested by the project. Put besides some people who sent demonstrations to me which did not go, I received only malls to wonder to make function such or such plays or to ask me why moved is in French .
- Thus I will not do something of useless and illegal.
- For the site it would not obstruct me if there were not the bond on the left which does nothing but add to confusion on the goal of the project.
- And for the sources it is the same problem as for the project.
- good week end
- edit the law relates to the royalties and the rights close, not?
DeSmuME current team
The current desmume team consists of the following persons.
- Guillaume Duhamel
- Bernat Muñoz (shash)
- Riccardo Magliocchetti
- Max Tabachenko (CrazyMax)
- Anthony Molinaro
- Damien Nozay (damdoum)
- Romain Vallet